Beauty for Ashes.

Monday, June 13, 2011

Just Gotta Love Him

I'm feeling pretty negative today, so I wanted to write a list of things that God has done for me. I'm so thankful for Him.

1. didn't let me get another job, because he knew that I'm employed full time with grieving. 
2. even though I don't feel very supported by people, I don't have one ounce of loneliness. None. 
3. he died for me. nbd.
4. he gave me a love for learning, and classes this summer have been rewarding and fun.
5. he pushed me to get through today, and with his strength it felt like I was floating on a cloud.
6. he's given me friends I can count on, more than a handful. 
7. i have a wonderful mother, who is devoted to raising us well.
8. i have the best father, who is safely back home where we all belong.
9. my parents were super smart and saved money so that we can live well after they're gone.
10. i have hope and a future
11. he never lets me stay in my despair for too long

Right now, my favorite one of all is that God saved me. I was in love with this world and everything it had to offer and I was dead inside. I was trapped and I was miserable...and I didn't really know it until I look back on that life I had with new eyes. New eyes that see Jesus as my King and Savior. I don't escape pain, obviously, but that pain just becomes something so enriching. I can feel my soul growing. I can feel myself being molded into something that is more pure than yesterday. It's an incredible feeling and I would never give it up to feel the way I did before. It's not even a question. 

Maddi

No comments:

Post a Comment