Beauty for Ashes.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Thanks Jesus

I was zoning out while at work today and I was thinking about my dad, of course. I realized that I still sometimes think he's alive and he's just not here. I don't think specifics, but maybe he's on a business trip or this weekend he went to visit his mom. I get so sad when I realize that's not actually the case. I kept thinking, "Why do I need to know he's gone... can't I just be in denial my whole life. That sounds good to me." I knew this wasn't healthy, but I don't really care.

A while later my mind wandered back to that subject and a strong thought came into my mind. I know that type of thought and it's the Lord in me. It said "He is alive, he is somewhere else. He's not here, he's in heaven." I don't need to live my life knowing he is gone, because while he's not on this earth anymore, he is more alive than I am right now.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18:
13 We do not want you to be ignorant, brothers, about those who are asleep, so you do not grieve as the rest who have no hope. 14 For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, so also God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus. 

I do not have to grieve like the rest of the world. I can, but what benefit would that be to me when I have this awesome hope. Surely, death has lost its sting.  


Thanks Jesus =)

No comments:

Post a Comment